Software Controls Engineer
We are looking to hire Software Controls Engineers (entry-level and Snr roles). Each role would support the Project Manager and be assigned projects that will require initial office engineering, followed by a modular build and then site launch and support.
The ideal candidates have experience working on $1- 16-million-dollar projects with automotive, aerospace, or general industry manufacturing backgrounds.
- Oversee all aspects of the software controls project from early execution through completion and handover to the customer.
- Design or use code from a library, using Rockwell Guard Logix, HMI’s as primary solutions, but we also offer Mitsubishi and Siemens solutions when required.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, and FANUC America personal to design and execute the controls solution. Our Software Controls engineers interact with Mechanical and Electrical engineers, Robot Path Programmers (Process), and installation engineers to be successful on projects.
- Ensure safety practices are adhered to for all onsite personnel. We watch each other’s backs while onsite to make sure folks are safe in what they do. After all, we are working with robots.
- Help the project manager to maintain and update the project schedule
- Maintain high standards of quality that adhere to industry requirements. There is a reason why many of our customers have reverted to single sourcing us for projects. We deliver what we promise, and we do this with Ethics and Dignity.
- Previous experience in manufacturing is required or experience working for other system integrators.
- Competency with Rockwell, Siemens, and Mitsubishi (or any combination of the three).
- Demonstrable knowledge of VisualBasic.Net is preferred.
- Strong leadership capabilities – we are looking for future leaders for our organization, and the company founder started his career as a software controls engineer and moved into project management. Our culture is to notice, observe and assess our future leadership team from within the company.
- Deadline and detail-oriented, with the confidence to openly discuss what is right or wrong on a project. We love and protect our customers from bad decisions.
- Clear and concise communication – we are humans and exist in narratives and dialog.
- Loves travel across the USA and the Americas. Extended hours are expected from time to time.
- Worked for a Robotics Integrator.
- Knows Rockwell and Siemens/Mitsubishi
- Knows VisualBasic.NET
- Willing to learn Robotic path programming, vision systems, and other exciting technologies.
Environment & Scheduling
- Exposure to chemicals with 2K and solvent based paints in manufacturing facilities.
- Willing to work overtime when required to meet special deadlines in response to customer requirements.
- Extensive travel is required (up to 80%).
- Work within a team dynamic and able to understand mechanical and electrical concepts as it pertains to robotic paint booth systems.
- Able to obtain a passport for overseas projects as required.
We are a diversified robotic system integrator company with divisions providing solutions, services, and project staffing across the USA, with offices in South Africa and Singapore.
Why continue to work for a large corporation that has rigid guidelines, policies, and rules? We are a business with less than 100 employees and growing, transparent, and flexible. We are employee-centric.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on skills and experience
COVID-19 considerations: We follow all state Executive Orders.