The engineer will be required to develop software engineering solutions of paint automation equipment for our clients, based on the release of customer quotations and execute our customers paint systems business requirements to meet their customers needs and expectations in the field.
- Design, develop, commission and troubleshoot all electrical and software aspects of Industrial Robotics Applications.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, installation, support, documentation and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes and customer requirements.
- Perform project process execution on receipt of customer orders.
- Perform customer demonstrations and develop accurate analysis and presentation materials on the results of demonstrations.
- Participate in new and current product development within the Paint Division.
- Provide technical expertise and assurance to customers during sales appointments.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Identity methods and implement solutions for improving on the designs / programs begun by others.
- Work with Project Managers and various engineers to ensure the proper interfaces between machines and robotics systems.
- Problem solving under stressful situations.
- Quickly identify root causes of problems, as mechanical, controls or joint problems and coordinate resources necessary to address them.
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple activities at one time.
- Prioritize among various projects and create flexible plans to meet changing opportunities.
- Able to supervise electrical installation / integration of equipment and controls.
- Develop and provide high level technical training to customers in order to transfer knowledge on design, operation and maintenance of installations.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Stay abreast of the emerging technologies, innovate, develop and document electrical and controls designs.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in industrial environments and a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Proficiency in Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi PLCs, VFDs, HMIs and Networks (DeviceNet, ControlNet, Remote IO, Data Highway Plus and Ethernet)
- Experience with Intellution, RSView and Wonderware a plus.
- Knowledge of software programming (Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic.Net, MSSQL, etc.).
- Experience with Industrial Robots, FANUC in particular, is a big plus.
- Work requires a significant amount of walking and standing on grating and concrete floors.
- Must be able to use hand tools safely and properly if required.
- Good visual acuity, hearing and speaking is required.
Environment & Scheduling
- Exposure to chemicals with 2K and solvent based paints in manufacturing facilities.
- Willing to work overtime when required to meet special deadlines in response to customer requirements.
- Extensive travel is required (up to 80%).
- Work within a team dynamic and able to understand mechanical and electrical concepts as it pertains to robotic paint booth systems.
- Able to obtain a passport for overseas projects as required.