Support installation and service of robots and robotic systems by providing technical assistance. This work includes setup, programming, troubleshooting and repairing robots and peripheral devices. Also will supervise and provide training to Associate Service/Installation Engineers.
Extension of Current Successes
- Install, startup and debug of the system/unit being installed. Support the installation through buy-off and customer acceptance.
- Provide timely updates back to GLOBAL Automation Technologies which should include any incidental service issues that may arise during installation.
- Provide prompt, professional and courteous solutions to customer problems.
- Be able to troubleshoot problems, secure any needed parts.
- Process any necessary paperwork and provide the customer/GLOBAL Automation Technologies with detailed descriptions of the problem(s) found.
- Provide technical support to various parts of GLOBAL Automation Technologies including Hotline, training segments and to the training of Associate Service Engineers.
- Assist product development in testing new products.
- Support component rebuild, robot rebuild and other automation system activities.
- Assist in process improvement of GLOBAL Automation Technologies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Identity methods and implement solutions for improving on the designs / programs begun by others.
- Work with Project Managers and various engineers to ensure the proper interfaces between machines and robotics systems.
- Problem solving under stressful situations
- Quickly identify root causes of problems, as mechanical, controls or joint problems and coordinate resources necessary to address them.
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple activities at one time.
- Prioritize among various projects and create flexible plans to meet changing opportunities.
- Able to supervise electrical installation / integration of equipment and controls.
- Develop and provide high level technical training to customers in order to transfer knowledge on design, operation and maintenance of installations.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience with Industrial Robots, FANUC in particular, is a big plus.
- Work requires a significant amount of walking and standing on grating and concrete floors.
- Must be able to use hand tools safely and properly if required.
- Good visual acuity, hearing and speaking is required.
Environment & Scheduling
- Exposure to chemicals with 2K and solvent based paints in manufacturing facilities.
- Willing to work overtime when required to meet special deadlines in response to customer requirements.
- Extensive travel is required (up to 80%).
- Work within a team dynamic and able to understand mechanical and electrical concepts as it pertains to robotic paint booth systems.
- Able to obtain a passport for overseas projects as required.