* Multiple Positions Available
As an Automation Technologist, you’ll work alongside our customers, engineers, and other professionals to provide analyses, feasibility studies, and apply all information to both automation and controls processes in order to meet customer requirements. This position offers the opportunity to not only grow your skills but also work toward specializing in robotic automation and/or controls engineering. You will periodically work with the world’s largest robotics manufacturer, thereby increasing your automation/robotic knowledge and making yourself more marketable for your future career.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop robot programs offline using Robotic Programing Applications.
- Develop and design controls software packages utilizing Programable Controllers and/or Human/Machine Interface systems.
- Program various robotic/controls equipment.
- Install, launch, and optimize programs and program integration at customer sites.
- Possible laboratory testing.
- Perform analysis and feasibility studies.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Provide support and field troubleshooting for process or equipment problems.
- Ensure optimal installation and configuration.
- Coordinate with team members and management during system installation.
- Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices while in any facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- Associates in Automation or Robotics.
- An interest and drive to learn and grow.
Skills You’ll Have:
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and Google Applications.
- Interpersonal skills – especially with customers and in high stress situations.
- Background in a wide variety of technical aspects of robotics
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be process knowledgeable
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Excellent organization
- Solid PC skills.
- Requires significant amount of walking and standing on grating and concrete floors.
- Ability to meet deadlines while ensuring the safety of all parties and equipment integrity.
- Good visual acuity, hearing and speaking.
- Willing to work overtime to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work onsite at GLOBAL Automation offices or customer locations as required.
- Domestic and International assignments.
- Passport required for international projects.
- Travel is required (within reason).
As a leading full-service automation solutions provider, GLOBAL Automation Technologies, LLC provides automation design, simulation, and machine building, including advanced robotic systems and industry-specific software solutions. Established in 2009 and based in Auburn Hills, Michigan, the company has offices in Michigan, Texas, Dubai, South Africa, and Singapore. GAT continues to expand its geographic footprint across the USA and the globe.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a passion for technology. Come think, solve, and create with us!
Job Type: Full-time
Entry Level Position
Pay: $22.00 – $28.00 per hour (based on experience).
COVID-19 considerations: We follow all state Executive Orders.